Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Television Lecture Response

Television is definitely my favorite part of any given Tuesday or Wednesday (Or really any day, I really love TV). Therefore, I found the television lecture particularly intriguing for a number of reasons. Mr. Miller used quite a few dates in his lecture on television which helped me in particular because it really puts the evolution of TV into perspective. I actually was surprised to hear that television wasn't invented until 1927, I always assumed the technology behind it had been around for a lot longer than that. A timeline also helps show how TV progressed over time. Like for example, without the dates that Mr. Miller provided I would not know that it took nineteen years after the invention of black and white television for color TV to be invented. I also didn't realize how much television really affected or daily lives. I never put it together in my head how much political television campaigns really affected my opinion of the candidates running. Mr. Miller also brought up a good point about how you can't win a big political election nowadays without a pricey ad campaign. He also talked about how product placement really does work, or companies wouldn't be spending millions on it. I always just assumed, "Oh, I'm not susceptible to their capitalist mind tricks." But obviously I am, along with the rest of the TV watching population.

No comments:

Post a Comment