Wednesday, October 28, 2015

News Response: My Expectations

For as long as I can remember my Saturday mornings have played out like this: Wake up around seven. Go downstairs to the smell of freshly cooked omelets. Look to the table to see my father reading none other than the Courier Journal. And because I trust my parents and their ability to sniff out untrustworthy journalism, I always just assumed that the C-J was a reliable source of news. Unlike most television news programs which my parents had always told me were unreliable in that they rarely delivered the important news. The Courier Journal failed to live up to my expectations. Almost every time we filled out logs, there were stories about things that no properly educated member of society would ever consider to be newsworthy. For example, I would not classify the building of a new office building in Shelbyhurst, an area that is no stranger to buildings. as a top news story. But the employees at the Courier Online obviously disagree seeing as that was the category the story was placed in. It's not that the Courier shouldn't include articles about fun local events, but they shouldn't classify it as breaking news.

No comments:

Post a Comment